Cob: double-faced fire and floorplan help

Patricia L. MacKenzie ruanmackenzie at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 29 15:03:19 CST 2003

<P>I have seen two houses from the late 1700s to early 1800's that had fireplaces that adjoined both rooms. They were back to back, smaller in the kitchen, larger in the great room (combo living-dining room) apparently sharing a flue side by side but separated by a brick masonry wall. I think the dampers were separate for each.<BR></P>
<P>>Reply-To: "Jill hotmail" </P>
<P>>To: "cob list" <COBLIST at DEATECH.COM></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Cob: double-faced fire and floorplan help
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>I don't like the open kitchens to the livingrooms, so can a (masonry) fire be open on both sides - one to the livingroom and one to the kitchen, and then pipes to the other rooms?
<DIV></DIV>>-jill