Cob: Re: What have you built?

yew yew at premier1.net
Sat Feb 1 16:25:35 CST 2003

From: loving mama

>Hi everyone, I'm pretty new, and I'm
>curious as to who has completed cob
>projects, and what they are.

To date?  Only bricks.  My husband is a potter (lots of spare clay lying
around) and we have very sandy soil on my property, so all I had to add was
some straw (which I use to mulch my garden).  I'm experimenting with
different mixtures, leaving them outside with and without coverings.  But I
haven't even started on finishes like stucco and lime render.  In short,
right now I'm just playing around.  I hope to build a small structure this
spring when things dry out a bit...probably something like a small covered
bench, maybe in the shape of a semi-circle.  I'll let everyone know how it
comes out and hopefully have pictures to post somewhere.

Brina