Cob:

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sun Feb 2 13:08:28 CST 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Jill cox.net wrote:

> Also, when I went to buy some clay-soil, I was told that it was
>expensive and I should just use peat-moss and it would do the same thing.
[snip]

It will do the same thing only if you are trying to hold moisture around
the roots of plants, for cob you need clay.  If you only want the clay for
modeling and can't find anything else, some brands of clumping cat litter
are pure bentonite clay with no additives and can be purchased in twenty
to forty pound containers fairly cheaply.  One advantage of bentonite is
it is very sticky clay, so a little goes a long ways.