Cob: floorplan help

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:11:08 CST 2003

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV></DIV>
<P>Cat here, This could be a round floor plan have you tried that yet?  It could have a large over hang porch all around that could be glassed in in the colder months depending on where you build and open in the summer.  The timbers around the porch could be raw oiled logs, big fat ones, sort of South Western or you could go timber frame.  the center fire is wonderful could be a see thru so that the hall could become a room, check out some of the masonry stoves that have little cubbies for baking bread.  Ok for Kentucky not so Southern CA unless your in the mountains.  Have to work out the stair to the loft a bit.  Maybe curve it up.  Loft is this a room for guests or an open area, conversation, studio, office?  Pocket doors or sliding screens could divide the bed rooms hall/room from the living, give it a bit of privacy and could be library or where the computer lives.   I have seen some beautiful carved screens made in the Philippians that could be used.  The design center in SF may have them but you will pay a premium price.  often they come in shiny with lacquer.  It's a shame it looks sort of tacky to me but unfortunately if you take it off you run the risk of having the whole thing split and blow apart with the change of season.  This I know from experience.  I have stripped them, it is tedious toxic work, then oil and wax must be done fast and with luck the splits will add to the flavor not destroy the work!  Where is your pantry? If you move to Kentucky you will need a place for storage of winter clothes, where is the wood storage for your fire place? and last but not least this one is for the cob police where are your very thick walls, gotta have em!  Your on a roll kiddo it's all good!!! </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>for the good of all Cat<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: "Jill hotmail" <WRITEJILL at HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Reply-To: "Jill hotmail" <WRITEJILL at HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>To: "cob list" <COBLIST at DEATECH.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Cob: floorplan help
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:41:33 -0800
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>could you look at my new floorplan and give suggestions? Thanks so much!!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>http://www.on-callnurses.com/cob.htm