Cob: compost temps

Grei Raven Shadow Walker greyraven_r at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 08:32:19 CST 2003

I would also be interested in such data, for years
I've pondered using a compost bin as a heat source
(thermo-syphon hydronic style) for a small
structure...or hot tub maybe.

--- Darel Henman <henman at it.to-be.co.jp> wrote:

> Any of you out there who have aerobic composting,
>
> I would like to get data about the compost heap's
> inner temperature
> versus the outside the heap ambient temperature.
>
> Also how long does the compost heap burn at the
> maximum temperature?
> The temperature probably follows a bell shape,
> gradually warming,
> warmer, warmest, then on down to ambient again.
>
> Thanks,
>   Darel

=====
"When I look into the abyss it stares back at me, but not as the cold
dark beast you perceive it to be.
When I am gazed upon by the abyss I see the eyes of a mother, a lover, an old friend.
When I look into the warm familiar eyes of the abyss I see that which
needs me as much as I have need.
I remember, I rejoice, I renew!"
by Grei R. S. Walker, '01