Cob: heating air and water

Grei Raven Shadow Walker greyraven_r at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 00:22:28 CST 2003

I'm still in favor of low mounted (1st floor/ground)
solar batch heaters used as pre-heaters for either a
wood fired or a gas (maybe propane, or maybe even home
made methane...if you're so inclined) water tank
heater for the hydronic system, and also as
pre-heaters for a similarly gas fired tank-less model
for the domestic hot water. All year round the solar
pre-heater could easily reduce fuel needs for domestic
hot water. In the cooling season the solar part of the
hydronic system could be diverted to heating an out
door pool or wood kiln.
I would personally just purchase the tubing and
fitting hardware from a hydronic equipment supplier, I
see no reason not to use what's designed, intended,
and successfully used for the purpose.
--- Jill hotmail <writejill at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Any suggestions for the heater type for the room air
> and the water? What about the heater for the hydro
> tubes in the floor?

=====
"When I look into the abyss it stares back at me, but not as the cold
dark beast you perceive it to be.
When I am gazed upon by the abyss I see the eyes of a mother, a lover, an old friend.
When I look into the warm familiar eyes of the abyss I see that which
needs me as much as I have need.
I remember, I rejoice, I renew!"
by Grei R. S. Walker, '01