Cob: Cob - Dirt Floor?

Meagan McAleese useful_fish at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 14:58:45 CST 2003

Hello All,
After all this talk about roofs, I have a question about floors.
My structural engineer says that dirt floors can be quite nice, they can be
packed down and then (glazed?) not quite sure. I looked on the net and all I
get is basements/root cellars. I would like to know if any of you
alternative housebuilding people have heard of this and if it's nice. I am
interested in it because dirt has a much nicer price tag than does cement.
But I fear it would it be cold I'm in Canada and dirt gets cold up here.
Please let me know.
Thanks
Meagan