Cob: Cob - Dirt Floor?

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Thu Mar 6 01:33:14 CST 2003

Meagan,
   rammed earth floors, stabilized or not are very nice and easy on your
feet.  It is not glazed, if what you meant is what I think.

Meagan McAleese wrote:

> I am interested in it because dirt has a much nicer price tag than does cement.
It may possibly be more expansive, due to labor it requires.

> But I fear it would it be cold I'm in Canada and dirt gets cold up here.
Are you suggesting that cement does not get cold?   Earthen floors
should perform better than concrete thermally in my opinion

> Please let me know.
> Meagan

Darel