Cob: Metal Roofing

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 06:57:55 CST 2003

And painted/enameled roofing is, as far as I can tell, THE roof of choice
for water catchment.

Darel Henman wrote:

[snip]
 > But, steel is a dumb choice for a roof, just as corrugated metal is.
 > Expensive and is a thermal bridge (very high thermal conductance).
[snip]
To which Shannon replied:
Have to strongly disagree with this one, modern enameled metal roofs are
about the cheapest type of roof you can put on when labor and life
expectancy are figured in (50+ years), at least in this area (Oregon).
They are also environmentally friendlier than most conventional /
non-natural roofs, since at the end of their life they can be easily
recycled.