Cob: Metal Roofing

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:49:43 CST 2003

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Hey Darel!  It's Cat, The poop with the electric thing is that the earth and us and the universe for that matter have a charge, you knew that, right?  Now some of us look at all the charges that are not the ones we evolved in as possibly damaging to our little electromagnetic systems.  We also know that by zapping a bit of juice into a brain we can make it think differently right?  Like electro-shock therapy, which I was privileged to witness in one of my many careers.  The salts that the electric impulses run on in the brain that jump impulses from one place to the other are very delicate little mechanisms.  Some of us would like to avoid as much of that as possible.  Now your incredulously going to ask, what does that have to do with metal roofs.  Weeeeeellll stick a hanger on to your radio antenna and tell me that metal is not grabbing electric fields?!  Ok so I'm not so sure this means shit to a tree but some of us would just like to be surrounded by as much natural juices as possible and see where it gets us. It's all just an experiment and we are all trying to do the best we can.   You understand? </P></DIV>
<P><EM>for the good of all  </EM>C<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: Darel Henman <HENMAN at IT.TO-BE.CO.JP>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Reply-To: Darel Henman <HENMAN at IT.TO-BE.CO.JP>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>To: Amanda Peck <AP615 at HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>CC: coblist at deatech.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Re: Cob: Metal Roofing
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:33:20 +0900
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>No one's going to be using their roof as an electrical conductor.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Steel or any metal alone will not create a magetic field. Unless you
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>use magnets as your roof!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Darel
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>--------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Amanda Peck wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Persistent rumors that various forms of metal--and especially that
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > conducting electricity are bad for you.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > There has been a little bit of work on electric blankets (consumer reports
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > disrecommended the old kind for pregnant women), and maybe on living near
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > the really high-voltage lines coming out of the power plants.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Some of the Amish (Hook-and Eye Dutch in the part of the country where my
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > mother grew up) believe that all house wiring, connected to the grid or not,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > is really bad for one.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > I gather that you can get instruments to measure this, but whether it's
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > really BAD for you is at this stage up to you to decide. Some of the water
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > catchment people say that galvanized iron isn't especially good for that
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > purpose--too much zinc. But all other things being equal, I'm not sure that
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > painted (let alone raw) aluminum would be any better.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > And see the previous reply by Joe Skeesick
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > ..........
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Jenny (with the rest of us) wants to know about this:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Hi there, I read in 'The Hand Sculpted House' , that there are concerns that
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > steel roofing may cause some kind of electromagnetic field in the building.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > It doesn't mention if this has actually been studied or is speculative. Does
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > anyone know what the risks are, if any, of using steel roofing?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Thanks,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Jenny Walker
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>