Cob: Metal Roofing

Dorothy Bothne dbothne54 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 22:41:37 CST 2003

I ordered the metal roofing for our little cob coop at home depot. It's been a couple years, but I think it was about $300 for the material (24'x12' area + matching flashing) the local store charges $45 to deliver material.   the last message I sent gave the website of the manufacturer of the roofing material that we used so you can see what they have available.   picture of the cob coop is on our website at:  http://home.swbell.net/bothne/bear_cave.html. My youngest son installed it for me (he was 18 at the time) so it's not that hard to install.
Dorothy
 "Shannon C. Dealy" <dealy at deatech.com> wrote:On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Chandra Shakti wrote:

> Ok, I've lived mostly in the midwest and I don't believe I've EVER seen an
> enameled metal roof - so I am LOST! Where would I even look to find such a
> beast????
> -Chandra

Not sure how commonly used it is in your area, but Home Depot and some
other home improvement chains stock a limited selection (and can special
order a much wider variety). Interestingly, according to the local home
depot, if they special order it in this area, it is actually cheaper than
what they stock in the store because the special order stuff comes from a
different vendor who is relatively local. Of course you could also check
roofer's in the yellow pages, if any of the have worked with it, they
should be able to point you to some houses they have done for you to look
at.

Shannon C. Dealy | DeaTech Research Inc.
dealy at deatech.com | - Custom Software Development -
or: (541) 451-5177 | www.deatech.com