Cob: Thermal Mass

Mike mswink77 at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 28 00:58:13 CST 2003

This family kept books on all that was spent. So one day they came to a
reciept for horse hair. And this was just part of the clay and sand mixture
which was used.
[a lot pre civil war history is also in the trunks of letters between this
house and the one along the coast of ga.]

 I cannot remeber all the details but if I can I will get the list and post
it.

I do not know if it was ever painted on the outside. it is sort of light
grey color and is thick. and chips off sometimes. but not much.

The house I lived in germany had tiny tree or bush branchs and was
interwoven with clay and sand mud. in between the big wooden cross beams.