Cob: Cob Workshops in West Virginia

Myra Bonhage-Hale lapaix at iolinc.net
Tue Apr 1 07:01:17 CST 2003

Hi, I finally got my website up in Front Page and with a shopping cart for registering for workshops.  The first Cob workshop is on April 19th and is focused on Building the model for the small cob building to be built gradually (once a month) during the ensuing 5 months of summer, 2003.
You may register by going to either http://www.lapaixherbaljourney.com, http://www.lapaixherbfarmproducts.com or http://www.lapaixherbfarm.com .  By building the cob structure gradually, and doing it without the help of professional cob builders, the cost is kept way down which we thought was important.  In addition, there are scholarships available.  By the way, I have six Gothic windows I bought for $8. each from a local church which was replacing its windows.  I hope to be able to use them in this small cob building which I would like to make with  eight sides.  The building will be used as a small shelter and meditation room.  Next to it, I hope to put up a large deck with a roof and perhaps screened (depending on my budget) which might be used as a shelter while we are building the cob structure.  Myra Bonhage-Hale, Steward, La Paix Herb Farm, Alum Bridge, West Virginia.  (northcentral WV)