Cob: Re: Creepy Crawly Things...

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Fri Apr 4 07:04:42 CST 2003

Hidare All...   Many of us old timers remember Matthew HALL(SED)
E-mail Address(es):
  M.Hall at shu.ac.uk

 He is from the UK,,, and has studied COB in college over there.
And from His posts of years past, Is quite knowledgeable.

I asked him about mice and rats in the UK concerning COB.
And this is what he sent to me.
***************************
Yes, i have seen some of the discussions that are going on about this. I
cannot see rodent
infestation being a problem on a properly dried solid mud wall, personally.
Perhaps if there are
damp regions that are softer or where small pockets have washed away. Has
anybody ever had a
problem with this on an actual house before? I have never heard of it here.

Cheers
Matthew

Matthew Hall BSc (Hons) GradBEng
Centre for the Built Environment