Cob: Mud Borers

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Mon Apr 7 02:20:13 CDT 2003

Penelope,
     consider you local area.   Do you have so called wood boring bees?
  If not don't, which is most likely, then don't worry.   IF such a bee
exists, where do they live?

Penelope Collyer wrote:

>Could dabbers or mud boring inserts be a problem with cob?  I have seen
>the wood boring "Bumble Bees" that have made extensive comb systems in
>log homes.
>
>The common house mouse does not carry hantavirus.

Here you stated that the common mouse DOES NOT.....

>People can get
>hantavirus when they touch rodent urine, droppings, or places where
>these animals have nested.

Here you stated that these animals, CAN.    This is a contradiction.
Could you clear this up with me personally, as you are well off topic.

> Dried droppings or urine can be stirred up in
>dust and breathed in by people.

Also give us the authority you base you statement about the "dry urine"
being a carrier, which is mainly a lot of nitrate and water.  If its dry
its mostly nitrate and very little of it.

Again you should write to me directly as you are off topic here as well.

You realize that you can get sick playing with human dung too.   One
shouldn't  pick on little animals.

Darel