Cob: cobbing in other countries?

yourfavoriteElf ofthemall yourfavoriteelf at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:15:44 CDT 2003

Greetings all! I am planning to do some traveling with a friend starting in
June this year and we would really like to get our hands into some
international mud.  Our tenative route starts by going to Hawaii in mid june
- in mid to late july our plan is to be in Thailand for at least a month -
then into India and Nepal for as long as we can. We have a year to travel
and our financial situation does not support being able to pay for
workshops. Ideally we would like to find people with projects who would like
to give food and housing in trade for our help. Together we have skills and
interests in natural building, carpentry, gardening, activism, claywork, low
impact living practices, cooking vegan meals and a general ability to learn.
Last summer here in the central Oregon coast range, I started and completed
3/4 of my own cob house with some great volunteer help. I plan on finishing
it when were back from our travels. Check it out  at
             http://www.peacemaking.org under Perry's cob house.  So if
anyone has any info on natural building projects in these places I would
love to here from you. Thank you!