Cob: rat runs in cob walls

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Apr 22 00:02:32 CDT 2003

I agree with YunQue.   Also I think the issue of rats getting in a cob
wall is a non issue.   I've never seen it.  It is reported to happen.
But I think it is extremely rare.   Even in Japan with over hundreds of
years of tradition with wattle and daub walls and currently an upper
class form of house construction, I've never ran across and documents
mentioning it.    The only natural item mentioned to be careful of is
termites in the main building timbers.

Using broken glass is a bad brute force approach, in my opinion.    From
experience I can also tell you that stepping  on broken glass is no fun.