Cob: enviroshake/ rain collection

Chandra Shakti moonchild1970 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 05:27:05 CDT 2003

It seems to me that since they are using recycled tires, the tires would
have done most of their off-gassing already. Find out what kind of solvents
they use to soften the tire rubber to allow it to be mixed with the hemp.
Then learn about the solvent(s). If they just melt them with heat, I would
think it would be pretty safe.
   -Chandra

----Original Message Follows----
<seriously snipped>
'enviroshake' made from recycled tires mixed with hemp to look like
cedar shakes. wondering if anyone could predict what the off-gassing
situation may be on to rain water if one was collecting.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jenny Walker