Cob: China cob- rain collection

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Mon Apr 28 21:00:55 CDT 2003

Darel asked:   Wendy,  if you are still in China, would you try to find
out some of the ingredients and mixtures they used for the rammed earth
walls.   This differs according to regions often times.   But, it be
good to here if you have any recipes for the local you are in.   And the
degree of compacting.
++++++++++++
Darel--One of the best sources I have found for this info is an out of
print book called Making the Adobe Brick the Chinese Way...all about
adobe, cob, rammed earth, lime plasters, etc. In fact this is the book I
got the  wonderful lime+ paper recipe from...for making wall
plasters..just finished my bathroom with it... even has lime kiln
burining information.

Anyway this book has extensive drawings showing exactly how the dirt was
laid into forms, tools used, descriptions of wall forming systems
etc..very thorough.  Is there something specific you wanted to know? I
can look it up.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534 707-441-1632     tms at northcoast.com