Cob: Cob in Hawaii

PJ Benet-Davis pjb at quinnemanuel.com
Fri May 2 10:09:34 CDT 2003

What a great idea!!!  I wonder if you can use juniper poles or willow?  Any answers to this?  It would sure help save my budget  ;>)

>>> "David Knowlton" <pilot1ab80 at hotmail.com> 05/02/03 07:31AM >>>
Hi,

I am from subtropical paradise of Florida. We have little clay. I was told
to use earthbags and fill them with sand.

I believe you can do amazing things with bamboo and reeds. the locals here
make chi ki huts that last for 40 years. thomas edison used bamboo to
reinforce concrete instead of steel with excellent results. someone with
more experience can offer more, but many of them are from cooler climates.
have fun!

david in tampa