Cob: rat runs--cleanliness--floor height--glass

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sun May 4 20:15:40 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 05:18:24PM -0500, Kim West wrote:
>   I don't think that building up off of the ground or keeping everything
>   clean is the answer to keeping rats away. My mother is a clean freak--her
>   walls are white, her carpeting is white, and she even washes trash before
>   throwing it away!

Thank you for that story.  Personally, I went out to the countryside and
got a cat who was good with children, and a born mouser.  End of rat
problem.  He has the most pleasant personality one could wish for;
friends who refuse to have pets have started to reconsider after being
exposed to him for a few days.  If you want some of his grandchildren,
there are tons running around back at the farm.  He was the top cat
there.

>   PS: Apologies if I grossed anyone out in my previous post about rats. I
>   guess it was thoughtless. That stuff doesn't bother me. Handling manure,
>   human or otherwise, bothers me--makes me lose my stomach--but blood and
>   guts doesn't. :D

The cure for that is the Humanure Handbook.  It eliminated my
fecophobia, while leaving me with a healthy respect for the dangerous
bacteria and organisms that live in our waste.  Url here:

    http://www.weblife.org/humanure/default.html

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2