Cob: RE: Adbobe floorsand/interior walls

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Mon May 5 13:48:41 CDT 2003

One should pour an earthen floor after the walls are build. In this case the walls and the floor are not directly attached.

you ask "what material should the walls or
posts be made out of..."

Cob I assume since this is the cob list :-)

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Kimberllay Brooks [mailto:kimi at corporate.bc.ca]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 10:49 AM
To: coblist at deatech.com
Subject: Cob: Adbobe floorsand/interior walls

Thanks for all your help so far you guys, I am amazed at the depth of
knowledge and the support we have received so far from this group.  Next
question
can the adobe floor support the weight of a non- load bearing wall? Or do
you need to put the walls in and then pour the floor last?  How does one
attach the walls to the subfloor then and what material should the walls or
posts be made out of (I am wondering how wood would absorb moisture from the
adobe) so that one could attach door jams etc.

Kimberllay Brooks -Bowen Island BC