Cob: Cob in Hawaii

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 08:31:31 CDT 2003

Anybody know if (either of the exotic invasive species of) PRIVET can be
used?  I've got a couple of privet thickets that I need to remove. The
thickets do make for nice straight poles.

Darel wrote

Yes you can use willow.    This was traditional in Europe.     Bamboo is
mostly used in Asia, as well as willow and reed.   I believe the bamboo is
the easiest to work with and the strongest.   Though willow is also strong.