Cob: Good Foundations

Chandra Shakti moonchild1970 at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 20:20:11 CDT 2003

I'm not quite sure why you seem determined to include cement in your mix. Is
that just for the underground part?   I don't think you're making a mistake,
but definately doing it the hard way. I suspect all of us prefer to do it
the hard way. Otherwise we'd just hire a contractor to make us a stick-built
building.
     -Chandra

----Original Message Follows----
<snip>I am thinking tires in the core and a cement infill (ala Helen and
Scott Nearing's stone walls. The cement will make a surface that I can then
slather with a bitumen waterproofing.<snip> Please speak up if you think I'm
making a mistake or just plain doing this the hard way.
Michael Fitzgerald