Cob: betwixt your ears

AOXFORDCOBBER at aol.com AOXFORDCOBBER at aol.com
Fri May 9 04:13:12 CDT 2003

darrel ???!!!
                     snip[  ????.
      From your text you have a void in betwixt your ears.   The problem
is not how to break glass.   The problem is down the road  when the
structure returns to nature or is to be torn down, by perhaps a new
generation of ambitious cobbers who want their own unique layout.   This
is when glass shards become a hazard.    Additionally if one wanted to
drill a hole for some installation, etc, the glass shards could be a
hazard.

I do not see your problem imbedding glass in a cob wall is a solution to rats
tunnelling into cob structures cheap and environmentally friendly if the
structure returns to earth in 300 years or so what will you care  as glass is
essentially sand  will it not return to a harmless compound ?

snip[
Try borrowing some intelligence somewhere, before
you attend any more conferences and you might be helpful.

You are one of the biggest knob heads on the list and I have thought so for
some time if you were anybody you would realise that the world building
conference was attended by the most learned people in the field from all over
the world . if you came out of your closet once in a while and respected
other peoples views  you would go a lot further .

.  snip    Additionally if one wanted to
drill a hole for some installation, etc, the glass shards could be a
hazard.

knob head   I do not know what thickness cob walls you build   but mine are
around 2 feet thick  anything  in the first layer of cob that needed drilling
 and fixing  would be mabey a skirting board  and drilling in more than a few
inches would be a waste of time ( when drill hits glass it turns to harmless
powder)
  knob cheese
 aoxfordcobber.