Fwd: Re: Cob: rat runs in cob walls

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 19:30:16 CDT 2003

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Cat here.......................................OK guys calm down you will not be able to learn or to teach by getting your back hairs all up and fuzzy.  </P></DIV>
<P>This is just your basic philosophy gap.  Their are life styles that use the world as if it was all theirs to use up without regard for the future, there own as well as others and generations to come.  Others feel that they are most comfortable living as a co-operating part of the universe and that  way is in there best interest.  We got our," I'm going to heaven and to hell with the earth", group and the" I'll be back", folks.  Since neither theory has been proven one might try to think through the worst scenario. If this is it kids, we all get to come back as our own great grand children and deal with the mess we have made.  Or one can take their chances on making the going to heaven bus.  Maybe it comes and maybe it doesn't?  It's all a personal choice isn't it?  How ever, no children on the work site!?  What fun is that??  Children are absolutely essential, they slow our very important lives down so we can enjoy what is going on.  They remind us how to laugh until our sides hurt.  They help us to take breaks , to stop arguments, change a diaper, swing a wee one on our knees.  But most important, children love to play in the mud!  Children are part of the community, the family, and the home.  Personally I'd, rather have a team of little mud dabbers on my site than send them to bash themselves black and blue on a soccer field .  </P></DIV>
<P>  <EM>This is a personal editorial note, for the good of all </EM>Cat</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>or play in the mud. <BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: "D.J. Henman" <HENMAN at IT.TO-BE.CO.JP>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Reply-To: "D.J. Henman" <HENMAN at IT.TO-BE.CO.JP>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>To: AOXFORDCOBBER at aol.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>CC: coblist at deatech.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Re: Cob: rat runs in cob walls
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 11:10:46 +0900
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Ox-Ford????.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> From your text you have a void in betwixt your ears. The
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>problem is not how to break glass. The problem is down the road
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>when the structure returns to nature or is to be torn down, by
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>perhaps a new generation of ambitious cobbers who want their own
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>unique layout. This is when glass shards become a hazard.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Additionally if one wanted to drill a hole for some installation,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>etc, the glass shards could be a hazard.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> I stand by me position that there are better methods to one who
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>does think and design well. You missed this point. Using a rock
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>foundation suitable elevated seems to be one elegant solution. I am
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>sure there are others. Try borrowing some intelligence
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>somewhere, before you attend any more conferences and you might be
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>helpful.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Darel
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>AOXFORDCOBBER at aol.com wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>darel
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>> the thing in between your ears is a brain you should use
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>it occasionally.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>Bottles can be broken up in a container such as an old tin bath. Do
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>not use your bare feet ! ware goggles, gloves, and ear protection
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>as there could be some loud bangs.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>a building site is no place for unsupervised children how ever
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>environmentally friendly it is . rat runs in cob walls where have i
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>seen them , tide barn in Devon England approx age 300 years cob
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>wall bluebury just outside didcot Oxfordshire . as for the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>imbedding of glass in Ireland and this topic was also discussed at
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>the Master cob building module at the world earth building
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>conference terror 2000 which I was a participant .
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>if you don't want to break it your self go to a recycler where you
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>will be able to obtain it pre broken and colour sorted it is also a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>good way of recycling
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>>all the best ox