Cob: Cob & Earth Reference Materials

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Wed May 14 01:54:52 CDT 2003

a ox,
    thanks for the reference to the papers' collection, of the
conference in 2000 and  copying a description of it for us from the web
site.  Glad to see they weren't promoting the use of glass shards in the
walls.

   Here is some more good information  for all those interested.   Here
is CRATERRA's site giving a  list of some of the best books, in English,
on cob and other earthen materials, and  includes Gernot
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books&field-author=Minke,%20Gernot/002-1637831-0217608>Minke's
"Earth Construction Handbook:  The Building Material Earth in Modern
Architecture".   This book, by the way is available from amazon, but its
a bit pricey for some.

Craterra's direct home site seems to be:  http://www.craterre.archi.fr/
but, I couldn't get any data directly from it today, except the
reference bibliogry shown above.

Darel