[Fwd: Re: Cob: Wood stove in cob wall?]

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue May 20 03:44:34 CDT 2003

  I think Amanda meant this for the whole group, so I am forwarding it.
  By the way I agree with her statement that using outside air for the
burner is better.   This is because you don't want you warmed room air
to get sucked out through the chimney.    So pipe in air for inside burners.

If you really want to get the most heat out of a stove however, you
would place it in the center of the building.   Why?   Because it will
radiate heat in all directions, heating all of the house.   If you place
it on an outside wall, a lot of heat energy is going to be conducted and
radiated outside.

Darel

Here's Amanda's message: