Cob: Cob in Tennessee

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun May 25 07:43:13 CDT 2003

FYI  Tennessee is a long, narrow state.  The Farm is about 150 miles, maybe
a bit more, east of Memphis, not too far north of the Alabama border.  By
the easiest way to get there, 3oo or so miles from West Virginia.  A day's
long drive.  For me anyway, since I don't do long drives happily.

I'm not sure who asked, so I'm sending this to the
list.  Someone inquired about being able to see
buildings in Missouri or Tennessee.... There are
several people on this coblist who live and build in
TN and WV so hopefully you will here from them.  I
wanted to pass on a link that might be helpful to you:

  www.thefarm.org/etc/courses.html

The Farm is an ecovillage south of Nashville, they
offer classes in cob, strawbale, earthbag, bamboo,
waddle and daub, etc.  You could go there to see the
buildings on their property, or contact them to
possibly find former students who may have or
currently be building in the area.

good luck,

Andrea