Cob: steel reinforcement

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Sun May 25 21:11:05 CDT 2003

Brad,
    the heat expansion and moisture content like you say, make steel and
other metals not compatiable with cob or earthen walls in my opinion.
Not to mention what would happen when tension is applied, like a small
earth tremor.

   Rather than the cyclon fence mesh, I'd recommend using a bambo mesh
or a woven wood lath or branch  type of mesh for you wattle.

Darel