Cob: commercial clay

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Thu Jun 12 12:15:50 CDT 2003

In Seattle I have found several sources of commercial clay. And I intend to
use them as soon as I am ready. They are listed below. I myself cannot
justify digging 4 ft. deep on my property to find the clay that I know is
there geologically. Sometimes it occurs in shallower areas, even here. (My
construction spot is in a garden area of silt-rich soil.)

Idaho has several rich supplies of kaolin
email me if interested, they are all south of Cour d' Alene

Dulane

Seattle Pottery Supply
35 So. Hanford
Seattle, WA 98134
(206) 587-0570
Columbia Buff Color
100 lbs dry clay $27.00

Mutual Materials (they have several locations)
605 119th Avenue NE
PO Box 2009
Bellevue, WA 98005
55 lbs, plastic wrapped $9.00 at yard
Mary, Contractor Sales
452-2317
Tel: 425.452.2300
Toll Free: 800.477.3008

Cadman (Recycling)
Monroe Pit on Hwy 203
Please call the Scale and have them ask the crew Forman if they can get to
the clay before you drive up there.
360-805-0610 and the cost would be $30.00 a pick-up load.