Cob: commercial clay

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 22:21:21 CDT 2003

Of course you're right.  Might be the best way to get the sand small gravel
part of an earth-building mix, because SAND is pretty expensive.  But our
local rock quarry, as well as the subdivision of one of the state-wide ones
over in the next county, charges $100 bucks to send their dump truck out.
And the driver from the quarry in the next county just HATES my road, won't
even try to go into the lower drive.  The local guys do have roadbase, and
the guy from there who brought my clay put it in an OK place.

Yep, I'm considering a dump truck.

Kyle thinks:
     One possibility might be to buy road base.  It is a mixture of sand,
clay, and gravel and can be had in the Midwest for $2.50/ton.