Cob: spam on the coblist

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Tue Jun 24 10:54:02 CDT 2003

Sorry about the spam that got through to the list (though many of you may
not have received it).  For some reason the filters didn't block it
(though they did label it as spam), and sometime over the last seven or
eight years we got an empty email address added as a member of the list,
so the message was accepted because the "from" field of the message was
empty.  The second problem has been corrected (hopefully that was the only
reason it was not bounced as being from a non-subscriber) and I am looking
into the first one.