Cob: cob in Santa Cruz

carol mitchell ancellymitchelly at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 10 23:12:39 CDT 2003

Hi all,
I've been quietly eavesdropping and building for a
while now, thought it time to introduce myself. I'm
building a code sized cottage in the Santa Cruz
mountains. I'm on a slope on a sandy loam soil above a
huge granite slab, about 2,400 foot above the ocean.
I've got an 18 inch gravel trench and urbanite
stemwall; a French drain about 4 foot deep is just
upslope. I'm just laying in my ledger board for my
loft, about half way done, tomorrow I'll fetch my roof
beam. I'm hoping to be finished with the structural
part by the end of August, before school begins (I
teach).
If there's anyone out there who wants a hand - or foot
- in this cob, I'm having a big workparty last weekend
in July . . .
I've really enjoyed the postings and feeling somewhat
connected to projects across the US, best of luck and
drying weather to us all,
regards,
Ancel