Cob: WA State on SW Olympic Peninsula

Angela Davis angntayha at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 15:15:56 CDT 2003

Hi,

I'm in Seattle, too.  My family and I are just beggining to learn about cob.  We're all really excited about it and would love to build a cob house when we move out of the city in the near future, but my mom's worried about doing anything not to code because she doesn't have it in her to "fight city hall", and my dad just wants to make sure it doesn't look "wierd."  I've been lurking on the list for about a month now.  If anyone out there knows of some cob cunstruction that we could look at in western Washington, especially any on the more traditional looking side, I'd love to find out about it.

Also, if anyone's interested, I saw on their website that the Northwest Ecobuilding Guild is going to be working on building a cob tool shed at the P-Patch on 67th & Linden, near the zoo on July 23.  You can go to  http://www.ecobuilding.org/chap/sea/index.php for more information.

Angela

T Taylor <etan at seanet.com> wrote:Ya, I live in the Ballard district of Seattle (w/ husband & child & baby). We aren't ready to build our house yet. But I'm 'Cob Crazy' and so enjoy reading the list. :)
Tre
"Guy Koehler, Rancher at Rivendell Ranch" wrote: I live in WA State near Hoquiam and Ocean Shores (70 miles west of Olympia). Anyone here near me?