Cob: Cob Homes in Canada?

Chandra Glick moonchild1970 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 18:46:32 CDT 2003

Darel, I'm not sure you know that a MASONRY stove is. It is a very
particular structure designed to burn hot and fast and hold the heat from
the fire for hours after the fire has gone out, slowly dispersing the heat
to the room. While earthen stoves have been made for ages, few of them are
actually masonry stoves. A kiva stove is not the same thing.
   -Chandra

----Original Message Follows----
<massive snip>
 > If you do this, you may want to look into getting a masonry stove
 > (also theoretically could be made from cob).

Not theoretical. Ovens and fireplaces (forgot the Indian name for them)
have been made for ages. Some people have also made heated cob benches.

Darel