Cob: RE: Cob in colors

Russell Theodore Holzinger IAM at AvidDesignStudio.com
Wed Aug 27 09:31:32 CDT 2003

Mineral pigments that are used to color concrete can be used to get any
color you want.  Ad them to a lime plaster or a white clay base.

Some things should be avoided and most used with protective gear.  Cobalt is
very toxic to the body.

Russell Theodore Holzinger
Principal Designer
AVID Design Studio
Phone: (503) 961-9010
IAM at AvidDesignStudio.com <mailto:IAM at AvidDesignStudio.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-coblist at deatech.com [mailto:owner-coblist at deatech.com]On
Behalf Of D.J. Henman
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 9:27 PM
To: coblist at deatech.com
Subject: Cob: Cob in colors

Patti,
I would suggest that you study the effect of adding an acidic organic
material such as berry juice to lime, which is an alkali.    Most stable
materials I know of to create colors in a lime plaster are mineral types
and pine soot for black, cobalt for blue, etc.    Makers of pottery
would probably be a good source to find out about minerals used for
coloring.