Cob: slab .. was Introduction

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Thu Aug 28 23:10:46 CDT 2003

I agree.  It is not so exotic.  I remember seeing a nice little grove of
timber bamboo in northern California about 25 years ago.

There's an American Bamboo Association in the U.S. somewhere.   Bamboo
grows very fast and could keep you well stocked with material.    I
often though of planting it in early spring, let it grow to give shade
in the summer then cut it down just the the right level, in winter to
let all the sunlight through.  Kind of a living, movable shade.

Darel