Cob: insects and other plagues

Quinn quinn1 at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 11 12:23:56 CDT 2003

> Subject: Re: diatomaceous earth

> What's the difference between one kind of diatomaceous earth and another?

Thanks for all the info on termites and diatomaceous earth (I hope I'm not a goner...)

What can folks tell me about moisture in general?  I've read that the air in a cob home is easier to breathe, less dry than a 'typical' home.  Here in GA this year we've had phenomenal rainfall and mold, mildew, and dampness have become really problematic.

Considering cob in the same (-ish) environment, how much of an issue will this be with an earthen home?  Not so much for the walls/ building itself, but for the furniture, clothes, wood and leather contained therein.

TIA, this list is great!
Quinn