[Cob] Limestone for putty

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:01:46 CDT 2003

Nope.

That hasn't been treated to change it from limestone to LIME.  Hydrated lime
(the other possibility is quicklime, which might also be spelled, don't try
this at home)  is going to be the "easiest" to find, and I found it not all
that easy.  For me, hydrated lime turns up not in our local Farm Bureau
Co-op, but the one in the tiny county to the north.  Sometimes the Tractor
Supply Co. in the county to the east has it.  And they used to make it here,
there's an old Lime Kiln Road.

What you've got is fine for sweetening, or adding Calcium and Magnesium to
your soil.
Pack McKibben asked:

I went to Loews the other day and bought some Pulverized Limestone

(Pulverized Dolomitic Limestone).  Is this the kind of Lime that can be

used to make Lime Putty??