[Cob] Bearing loads--it all depends?

charmaine taylor tms at northcoast.com
Wed Oct 22 19:57:09 CDT 2003

Amanda Peck wrote:

> I think I've seen calculations for living roofs somewhere.  That may be what
> you need at least as much as you need calculations for cob.  Does one of Rob
> Roy's books have those?

Rob's older out of print book does have a big chaptr on making living roofs.
The Complete book of Cordwood Masonry- hunt for a used copy.

> on the cover of the Joseph Kennedy (et al) Art of Natural Building.  It's a
> pretty good introduction to the general topic of natural buildig, and
> Michael Smith is one of the co-authors--co-editors--since it's an anthology.
>   Library or dirtcheapbuilder--Amazon says it's unavailable,

Amazon irritates me...the book is new and available, they just don't bother to keep it imported ( it is printed in Canada)   I have
it, and it also covers light straw clay and German methods, as a nice "all in one" building book for the curious about methodology.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534
707-441-1632
PS: Half-off sale on Good Used Books at:
 http://www.papercrete.com