[Cob] energy sources

Jilly JILLPRUETT at peoplepc.com
Sat Oct 25 16:12:01 CDT 2003

Thanks for all the floor plan ideas. After thinking about it, I DO want to go small, but I also have to think about happiness, as someone mentioned. There are 6 people in my family. And we did live in an RV for an entire year while work was transient. I know we can't go that small. I can probably do allot with a 400 sq ft first floor and a loft.

Okay, so what are the options for energy sources? Living without electricity is not an option for me. What about solar? Generators? Apparently getting on-the-grid requires a lot of changes to my building process...so what now?

I was wondering... campsites have electricity. Could I not get electricity to my land / building site for the purpose of hooking up an RV (but really running it into a cob house)?

-jill