[Cob] (no subject)

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 22:08:57 CDT 2003

That little sweetie is between $8 and $10+ grand.  Might be worth it, might
not be.  I think I like the loft house on that site better, for $13,500.
These are KITS, you provide the foundation and the muscle.  The people on
the site say they've shipped to Hawaii and other far from New Hampshire
places.  But truck freight is pretty expensive.  And they seem to require a
building permit (of some sort) before they'll sell to you.  If you decide to
buy from them, BE SURE and talk to some people who have successfully built
one of their places.

A full-sized, not quite new house trailer might well cost less, set up on
your site.  You might well be able to build at your leisure that way, and,
depending on your area, regulations--and neighbors--make the trailer
disappear with no one unhappy, and might make back some of your money on the
trailer.

Might also look here.

This guy's plans are inexpensive, as such things go, he has a very good
sheet on how to manage workflow on a small building in them.  The discussion
group is pretty interesting, the tiny bit I've looked into it--check the
hobbit house there.

http://www.countryplans.com/

I HAVE been burned out of a house because of an electrical fire.  It's not
any fun at all.  Don't nonchalant your wiring.

http://www.shelter-kit.com/uo_specs.html

This shelter is code compliant, thus eligible for electricity.....
What if I made a small shelter, got electricity, and added on my cob
cottage?? That would get me on the grid, but not have to deal with codes
lacking cob building?

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es