[Cob] (no subject)

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Mon Oct 27 10:14:36 CST 2003

Jilly, I  believe you can have power and even plumbing, but not sleeping
quarters ( ie it is not a planned human living space)

Animal shelters, tool rooms, studio workshops need power and water and
are not "homes" so ask your local building dept..it is a normal
question.  Or call a local electrian/company  and ask them about hook-up
to a "service building" (grin)

Do not be afraid to call the blding dept.  and ask basic questions, or
better yet, go in and ask the question.   They will assume it is a stick
frame structure, so unless you tell them, stick to the power-water
questions only.  Refer to the structure as an outbuilding, or storage shed.

( PS and thanks for recommending me for the cob books & free web info.)

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
PO Box 375, Cutten   CA 95534 707-441-1632    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
 http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com