[Cob] cob: opps and more on building 2000+ houses

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Mon Oct 27 12:49:24 CST 2003

Opps Gabe..I didn't mean YOU were yelling, I meant Amanda  wouldn't yell at the person who wanted the big cobhouse for $10K

sorry for the misunderstanding

 I said:   Heck, I mouth off all the time about things, but usually don't yell at the inquiring person directly,  we all have tender feelings and sensitivities.

BTW: I have the good fortune to talk to newbies entering the natural/alt building world all the time...it is wonderful to see their energies directed at   1. to help save the planet, 2, consume less 3. build responsibly, 4, live sustainable, 5, escape corporate greed-worldy carelessness, 6. be healthy and happy too.

SO when they get excited about putting  (this rally happened) vynal siding over straw bales, or wrapping them in plastic to protect them I have to gently say, "...well,,, you could do that, but here is what will happen."     So I find many people approach housing with comprehension of the "stick standards" and apply them as best they can to this new area to them.

But then there are the spoiled ones who want to get people to labor to build them homes for cheap while bragging about their natural home...Natural Homes magazine started out with the  $400K monster straw bale homes, and now have changed focus to the less consumptive owner built home.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
PO Box 375, Cutten   CA 95534 707-441-1632    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
 http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com