[Cob] (no subject)

yew yew at premier1.net
Tue Oct 28 13:20:47 CST 2003

"Shannon C. Dealy" wrote:

>While it might be a mistake to
>assume they are the enemy, it is a good
>idea to be very careful about
>what you reveal to them early on

What Shannon said!

When we bought our property, I asked copious questions of the county, but was
very careful to say that we hadn't purchased anything *yet*, and was only
speaking hypothetically.  It didn't hurt that I lavished praise on them for
being so helpful (going so far as to write their supervisors to tell them what
a splendid job they were doing).

The man we've retained to do the forestry plan on the property is a bit more
candid about what we can do *legally* vs. what we can get away with
*practically*.  While he knows very little about cob construction, he knows a
tremendous amount about building small, discrete structures without permits.  ;)

Brina