[Cob] Land search...pressed earth blocks vs. cob

Luanna Dycus lcdycus at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 16:00:22 CST 2003

Thanks for the advise everyone.
This area of Tennessee is wonderful.  Land prices are
going up, but land can still be found reasonable.
Codes are not too strict in rural areas.  I am in
Crossville area.  If you pull it up on the web, you
will see a lot of resorts and golf communities.
However, this is not the majority.  Anywhere in this
area; Bledsoe county, Cumberland County, Putnam
County, Fentress co., White Co., Morgan Co. is nice
and fairly rural.  You can still get remote if you
like. Being a plateau, you can find beautiful farms
and rugged mountain beauty. I have had good luck with
Janice Hamby at Raintree Realty.  (No, she isn't my
cousin)
Besides the obvious:  Speed of production-blocks  Low
cost of production-cob   what are the pros and cons?

Thanks, Luanna