[Cob] chiggers

Jilly JILLPRUETT at peoplepc.com
Sat Nov 1 12:19:31 CST 2003

Mary,
You have solved a little mystery for us. -
When we went to visit family in Arkansas, my kids had some terrible itch. We
couldn't see anything. My son (4 at the time) was scratching himself into
sores on his head. I got a magnifying glass, and found what looked like
nothing, but if you watched it..you swear it would move. But it didn't jump
like you would expect a tick to.
At the end, the bleach in the bath didn't work very well,nor did alcohol, and I resolved to
spray his head with insect repellent then wash his head. After 3 times of
this, we got them all out. Disgusting!
Poor kid. It had to be what you are describing chiggers to be. yuk