[Cob] chiggers - off topic, but relief when out natural building

Marlin lightearth at onebox.com
Sat Nov 1 12:54:10 CST 2003

I always get them in the high grasses/weeds situation, usually after some of the most beautiful days, and then chomp! The little welts itch a little then more and more, especially if you scratch them...I've tried many things, trying not to use anything harsh and widespread, none of the usual skin natural things (like Tea Tree for poison ivy rash) worked but someone told me to apply a small dab of clear nail polish, and the itching went away, as did the chiggers.

They smother evidently and a small raised bump at the tip of the welt is all that's left for them, otherwise the go on itching and itching sometimes for weeks. Now don't get me wrong I don't think nail polish remover is safe and happy, just in these very small 'dabbed' amounts- usually 6 or 8 welts around either the hair, sock or underwear line - I take my chances with the tiny amount of chemicals...guess it's a tradeoff, most people drink diluted bleach everyday!

Best

Marlin Nissen

p.s. no preventative thing I've tried has worked either, wish it did! Write (off line, off topic) if you know of something effective.