[Cob] composting toilet?

D.J. Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Nov 4 21:00:10 CST 2003

Tracy,
    the bucket of poo, as you call it, has to be aeroated.  That is it
requires air in it for air likeing bacteria to break it down, generate
heat and kill off pathogens.    The use of sawdust, peat, etc is for two
reasons.

1.) One is for providing space for air.   Too much liquid, obviously
would be a problem.   That's why some use a differnt method with urine
handling, which I recommend for serious beer drinkers.

2.) The other is to produce a balanced environment for the good bacteria
to reproduce.   In the humanure book, it mentions the carbon and
nitrogen balances and which materials have how much.

A cob compost outhouse design contest should be held.

Darel